Workshops are open to all writers in all genres.
Click on a workshop for more details or click here for our calendar.
Hot Marketing: April 23-May 4
Developing Social Media Skills and Live Programming
Instructor: Amy Alessio
PRESENTER: Amy Alessio
DATES: April 23 – May 4, 2018
LENGTH: Two Weeks
FREE for Passionate Ink Members
This is a Members-Only Workshop.
HOT MARKETING: Developing Social Media Skills and Live Programming
Passionate authors need to connect with fans as well as build a reader base in a rapidly changing market. This can be fun but also time consuming! Developing a targeted social media presence for different audiences requires varied approaches. Authors should develop live workshops for libraries or other book events. Often daunting to authors, these steps can rapidly build readers and fans.
This workshop is designed for a fun and engaging class spread over two weeks.
- Learn timesaving tricks for social media that engages with erotica fans as well as libraries and other book gatekeepers.
- Leave with an understanding of book marketing trends and find a comfortable yet unique niche to employ when attracting new readers.
- Develop a few fun and interactive programs to be held at book venues.
- Social Media Tour and Tricks: Participants will look at several examples of ways authors engage both with readers. Tricks for building social media in 15 minutes – 30 minutes a day will be explored.
- Participants will look at erotic newsletters, podcasts, blogs, and review sites as well as content rules for online giveaways and promotions. Participants will identify which ones would best fit their writing and outline a simple plan for marketing.
- Book Launches and Programming Pizzazz on the Cheap and Easy Plan: Participants will develop a simple book launch plan or a book sale promotion that will involve several online factors.
- Participants will look at engaging author and library programs, examine ways they could develop programs, and plan their first event.
BIO: Amy Alessio is an award winning librarian with a black belt in karate. She is the current VP for Passionate Ink. She writes under several names, including Lia Violet, giving her a unique marketing perspective as she alternates from writing and selling her Amazon bestselling mystery series to her erotic romance titles. For the past several years, she has foisted her love of vintage cooking and crafts on thirty audiences annually which in turn helped sell her fiction and non-fiction books. She also works as an author’s assistant for AuthorRx and as an online instructor for the American Library Association and a university, which means she often speaks into a headset wearing her robe and laughing at her own jokes.
FREE for Passionate Ink Members. This is a Members-Only Workshop.
TO REGISTER: This workshop is for Passionate Ink members only. RWA members can join Passionate Ink here. PI members, please sign up for this workshop via the registration form.
***Permission to forward granted and encouraged***
Passionate Ink workshops are held in our classrooms. Access to the classroom will end two weeks after the workshop concludes, so be sure and download all related materials before that time.
If there’s a workshop you would like to see Passionate Ink sponsor or if you would like to submit a workshop proposal, please contact the Workshop Director at Workshops[at]PassionateInk[dot]org.