Passionate Plume Contest Details
11th Annual PASSIONATE PLUME CONTEST
for Published Authors – RWA’s HOTTEST Romance Contest!
The 2016 contest is now closed for entries.
WINNERS TO BE ANNOUNCED AT RWA NATIONALS JULY 13-16, 2016!
FOUR SIZZLING CATEGORIES
- Contemporary – novels and novellas with erotic elements that focus on the developing romantic relationship in a contemporary setting. Includes series and single-title length romances. Can also include elements of romantic suspense/intrigue.
- Historical – novels and novellas with erotic elements that focus on the developing romantic relationship in a historical setting.
- Futuristic/Fantasy/Sci-fi – novels and novellas with erotic elements that focus on the developing romantic relationship in any setting in the future, an alternate world/reality, or another planet. Includes elements such as elves/faerie, sword & sorcery, aliens, etc.
- Paranormal/Time Travel – novels and novellas with erotic elements that focus on the developing romantic relationship in any setting that includes elements of time travel, angels, vampires, werewolves or other paranormal themes.
New this year: there will be a novel winner and a novella winner for each category.
For purposes of Passionate Plume contest classification, novellas are considered to be works between 10,000 and 25,000 words. Works entered in the novel categories must be at least 25,000 words in length.
Judging and Prizes
First round will be judged by readers, writers, reviewers, booksellers and librarians. The top two scores are added to form the final score. The lowest score is dropped. Ties are broken using the dropped low score. Books are given to the judges as a “thank you” for judging. They are not returned.
Final Round: The five category finalists will be judged by multi-published authors and reviewers. The decisions of the judges are final.
First place winners will receive a Passionate Ink pendant and an award graphic for their website. All others will receive certificates and a finalist graphic for their website. Winners will be announced at the Passionate Ink gathering at RWA National in San Diego. Results will be listed in Passionate Ink’s newsletter, on the website, as well as published in the ROMANCE WRITER’S REPORT.
RULES FOR ENTRY
- Contest is open to all books published in the erotic romance sub-genre and also sexy/spicy romances.
- All entries must be previously unpublished in any format prior to 2015 and must possess an original copyright date of 2015 . (If the paperback format was released in 2014 and the ebook was released in 2015, 2014 would be the date of first publication and the book would be ineligible for Passionate Plume entry.)
- It is the author’s responsibility to enter the book in the correct category. All clarifications as to category should be made prior to submission. Entries submitted in the wrong category, as determined by two or more judges, will be disqualified without refund. The judges’ decision is final.
- One novel cannot be entered in multiple categories, but multiple novels (up to three per category) are welcome if accompanied by the proper completed entry form and full entry fee.
- There must be a minimum of ten entries or the category will be canceled. If the minimum number of entries is not attained, entrants will be notified. The entrant will be asked to provide a second choice of categories. If the entrant does not wish to place the entry in another category, the entry and associated fees will be returned.
- Failure to comply with the rules will result in disqualification.
- Decisions of the Contest Coordinator are final.
– Passionate Ink members: $20
– RWA members: $25
– Non-members: $30
Submit your payment via Paypal
Entry fees for 2016 Passionate Plume are no longer being accepted.
Submit Your Work
The 2016 Passionate Plume is now closed for entries.