The 2017 Passionate Plume Contest
The 12th Annual
PASSIONATE PLUME CONTEST
for Published Works of Erotic and High Heat Romance
CONGRATULATIONS TO OUR FINALISTS!
WINNERS WILL BE ANNOUNCED AT THE PASSIONATE INK PARTY,
during the RWA NATIONAL CONFERENCE in Orlando:
Friday Evening, July 28, 2017
CLICK HERE TO PURCHASE YOUR TICKET TO THE PARTY
FOUR SIZZLING CATEGORIES*
- Contemporary – novels** that focus on the developing romantic relationship in a contemporary setting. Includes series and single-title length romances. Can also include elements of romantic suspense/intrigue.
- Historical – novels** that focus on the developing romantic relationship in a historical setting.
- Speculative Fiction – novels** that focus on the developing romantic relationship in any speculative fiction environment. This includes paranormal, fantasy, science fiction, and time travel romance.
- Novellas – works of ALL romance themes that are between 15,000 and 39,999 words.
*Works must be high-heat (spicy and erotic) romances of that category
**Novels are works of at least 40,000 words.
Judging and Prizes
First round will be judged by readers, writers, reviewers, booksellers and librarians. The top two scores are added to form the final score. The lowest score is dropped. Ties are broken using the dropped low score.
Final Round: The five category finalists will be judged by multi-published authors and reviewers. The decisions of the judges are final.
First place winners will receive a Passionate Ink pendant and an award graphic for their website. All others will receive certificates and a finalist graphic for their website. Winners will be announced at the Passionate Ink gathering at the RWA National Conference in Orlando. Results will be listed in Passionate Ink’s newsletter, on the website, as well as published in the ROMANCE WRITER’S REPORT.
RULES FOR ENTRY
- Contest is open to all high heat romance books published in 2016.
- All entries must be previously unpublished in any format prior to 2016 and must possess an original copyright date of 2016 . (If the paperback format was released in 2015 and the ebook was released in 2016, 2015 would be the date of first publication and the book would be ineligible for Passionate Plume entry.)
- It is the author’s responsibility to enter the book in the correct category. All clarifications as to category should be made prior to submission. Entries submitted in the wrong category, as determined by two or more judges, will be disqualified without refund. The judges’ decision is final.
- One novel cannot be entered in multiple categories, but multiple novels (up to three per category) are welcome if accompanied by the proper completed entry form and full entry fee.
- There must be a minimum of ten entries or the category will be canceled. If the minimum number of entries is not attained, entrants will be notified. The entrant will be asked to provide a second choice of categories. If the entrant does not wish to place the entry in another category, the entry and associated fees will be returned.
- Failure to comply with the rules will result in disqualification.
- Decisions of the Contest Coordinator are final.
– Passionate Ink members: $20
– RWA members: $25
– Non-members: $30