10th Annual PASSIONATE PLUME CONTEST
for Published Authors – the only all erotic award in RWA!
Contest Opens: March 15th 2015
Entry Deadline: April 15th 2015
More details to come as the opening date approaches. Email questions to Maggie Wells (VP) at email@example.com.
FIVE SIZZLING FINALISTS IN FIVE CATEGORIES
- Contemporary – novels with erotic elements that focus on the developing romantic relationship in a contemporary setting. Includes series and single-title length romances. Can also include elements of romantic suspense/intrigue.
- Historical – novels with erotic elements that focus on the developing romantic relationship in a historical setting.
- Futuristic/Fantasy/Sci-fi – novels with erotic elements that focus on the developing romantic relationship in any setting in the future, an alternate world/reality, or another planet. Includes elements such as elves/faerie, sword & sorcery, aliens, etc.
- Paranormal/Time Travel – novels with erotic elements that focus on the developing romantic relationship in any setting that includes elements of time travel, angels, vampires, werewolves or other paranormal themes.
- Novellas – novellas of 25,000 words or less with erotic elements that focus on the developing romantic relationship in any setting.**All novels entered must be at least 25,000 words in length. Novellas are considered 10,000 to 25,000 words.
Judging and Prizes
First round will be judged by readers, writers, reviewers, booksellers and librarians. The top two scores are added to form the final score. The lowest score is dropped. Ties are broken using the dropped low score. Books are given to the judges as a “thank you” for judging. They are not returned.
Final Round: The five finalists will be judged by multi-published authors and reviewers. The decisions of the judges are final.
First place winners will receive a Passionate Ink pendant and an award graphic for their website. All others will receive certificates and a finalist graphic for their website. Winners will be announced at the Passionate Ink gathering at RWA National in New York. Results will be listed in Passionate Ink’s newsletter, on the website, as well as published in the ROMANCE WRITER’S REPORT.
RULES FOR ENTRY
1. Contest is open to all books published in the erotic romance sub-genre.
2. All entries must be previously unpublished in any format and must possess an original copyright date of 2014.
1. It is the author’s responsibility to enter the book in the correct category. All clarifications as to category should be made prior to submission. Entries submitted in the wrong category, as determined by two or more judges, will be disqualified without refund. The judges’ decision is final.
2. One novel cannot be entered in multiple categories, but multiple novels (up to three per category) are welcome if accompanied by the proper completed entry form and full entry fee.
3. There must be a minimum of ten entries or the category will be canceled. If the minimum number of entries is not attained, entrants will be notified. The entrant will be asked to provide a second choice of categories. If the entrant does not wish to place the entry in another category, the entry and associated fees will be returned.
4. Failure to comply with the rules will result in disqualification.
5. Decisions of the Contest Coordinator are final.
– Passionate Ink members: $15
– Others: $25
** A returned check fee of $25 will be charged for an NSF check**
Entry fees must be received prior to the entry deadline or entry will be voided.
The 9th annual Passionate Plume winners!
1. Pleasuring the Lady by Jess Michaels
2. Her Lovestruck Lord by Scarlett Scott
3. Her Husband’s Lover by Madelynne Ellis
4. Let’s Misbehave by Stephanie Draven
5. Unhinge the Universe by L.A. Witt and Aleksandr Voinov
1. House of Sable Locks by Elizabeth Schechter
2. Legend Beyond the Stars by S. E. Gilchrist
3. Fueled By Lust: Drusus by Celeste Prater
4. Glory Dogs: Forged Through Glory by Dezré Storm
5. Something New Under the Sun by L.A. Witt
1. Masque by Lexi Post
2. Ghostly Persuasion by Dena Garson
3. Hero Unmasked by Anna Alexander
4. Edge of Night by Crystal Jordan
5. That Pearly Drop, Murphy’s Law of Time Travel #1 by Jianne Carlo
6. Symphony of Light and Winter by Renea Mason
1. A Night at The Cavern by Anna Alexander
2. The Dom, the Switch and the Sub by Diane Leyne
3. Decadence by Karen Stivali
4. A Christmas of Coal and Mistletoe by Bobbi Romans
5. Rebound Baby by Tobi Doyle
1. Capture and Surrender by L.A. Witt with Aleksandr Voinov
2. Making Over Maris by Sabrina York
3. Daring Miss December by Maggie Wells
4. Heart of Ash by Sabrina York
5. Second Chance Sam by Bren Christopher
6. August Awakening by Maggie Wells
7. The Princess and the Porn Star by Lauren Gallagher
Congratulations to all Winners!!!