Passionate Ink’s 9th Annual PASSIONATE PLUME CONTEST for Published Authors
The only published, all erotic romance award in RWA!
Contest Opens: March 15th 2014
Entry Deadline: April 15th 2014
Five Sizzling Finalists in Five Categories:
Contemporary – novels with erotic elements that focus on the developing romantic relationship in a contemporary setting. Includes series and single-title length romances. Can also include elements of romantic suspense/intrigue.
Historical – novels with erotic elements that focus on the developing romantic relationship in a historical setting.
Futuristic/Fantasy/Sci-fi - novels with erotic elements that focus on the developing romantic relationship in any setting in the future, an alternate world/reality, or another planet. Includes elements such as elves/faerie, sword & sorcery, aliens, etc.
Paranormal/Time Travel – novels with erotic elements that focus on the developing romantic relationship in any setting that includes elements of time travel, angels, vampires, werewolves or other paranormal themes.
Novellas – novellas of 25,000 words or less with erotic elements that focus on the developing romantic relationship in any setting.
**All novels entered must be at least 25,000 words in length. Novellas are considered 10,000 to 25,000 words.
Judging and Prizes:
First round will be judged by readers, writers, reviewers, booksellers and librarians. The top two scores are added to form the final score. The lowest score is dropped. Ties are broken using the dropped low score. Books are given to the judges as a “thank you” for judging. They are not returned.
Final Round: The five finalists will be judged by multi-published authors and reviewers. The decisions of the judges are final.
First place winners will receive a Passionate Ink pendant and an award graphic for their website. All others will receive certificates and a finalist graphic for their website. Winners will be announced at the Passionate Ink gathering at RWA National in San Antonio, Texas. Results will be listed on the website, as well as published in the ROMANCE WRITER’S REPORT.
Rules For Entry
1. Contest is open to all books published in the erotic romance sub-genre.
2. All entries must be previously unpublished in any format and must possess an original copyright date of 2013.
1. It is the author’s responsibility to enter the book in the correct category. All clarifications as to category should be made prior to submission. Entries submitted in the wrong category, as determined by two or more judges, will be disqualified without refund. The judges’ decision is final.
2. One novel cannot be entered in multiple categories, but multiple novels (up to three per category) are welcome if accompanied by the proper completed entry form and full entry fee.
3. There must be a minimum of ten entries or the category will be canceled. If the minimum number of entries is not attained, entrants will be notified. The entrant will be asked to provide a second choice of categories. If the entrant does not wish to place the entry in another category, the entry and associated fees will be returned.
4. Failure to comply with the rules will result in disqualification.
5. Decisions of the Contest Coordinator are final.
Entry Deadline and Mailing:
All entries, entry forms and fees must be received by April 15th , 2014. Any that arrive after this date will be disqualified and returned unopened.
Three easy steps to enter!
Step 1: Complete the Passionate Plume Registration Form.
Step 2: Attach your entry to the registration form or mail 4 copies of your print book.
PRINT BOOKS: After completing the online entry form, submissions must be snail-mailed in quantities of four books per entry. Mail print entries to:
Passionate Plume Contest
c/o Lauren Smith
8712 S. Louisville
Tulsa, OK 74137
EBOOKS: Entries must be attached to the online entry form. All e-book entries must be in .pdf format.
Step 3: Pay the appropriate fee.
Email payments via PayPal to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Snail mail payments to:
Passionate Ink’s Passionate Plume Contest
c/o Tonya Kinzer
PO Box 1125
Lewiston ID 83501
Make checks payable to: Passionate Ink
– Passionate Ink members: $15 Others: $25
** A returned check fee of $25 will be charged for an NSF check**
• Entry fees must be received prior to the entry deadline or entry will be voided.
• Include your name in the subject line and the titles of your entry(ies) in the comments box, if paying via PayPal. Include the title of your entry in the Memo field if paying via check.
Email questions to Lauren Smith at: email@example.com